How to Prevent Car Rollover
When I went to the airport this morning, it was raining and still dark. I saw two rollover accidents on I-35, one with a semi-truck, another with a SUV.
Following are a few things that we can all do to avoid the rollover accident:
- Choose a vehicle with a low center of gravity and stable base. Do NOT raise the center of gravity by placing heavy loads on the roof.
- Slow down for turns. Most common driver errors in rollover are unsafe cornering or turning speed.
- Respect road conditions. Do NOT drive too fast for the road conditions.
- Do NOT attempt an abrupt and unplanned maneuver.
- Check the tires, and keep the tires properly inflated and balanced
- Most importantly, Buckle up and do NOT drink and drive
Think Safe, Choose Safe, Be safe and Drive Safely