It is almost Thanksgiving. This year I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house. This also means I will be participating in Black Friday shopping with my relatives. I rarely buy anything but I do love to see the chaos in the stores.
If you are like me, most of your holiday shopping is done online. Here are some tips to help you’re your information safe while shopping online.
- Always use a secure Internet connection when making a purchase. Reputable websites use technologies such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) that encrypt data during transmission. Look for the padlock.
- Use a secure payment method. Look for well-known security labels such as DigiCert, VeriSign, and other seals.
- Use strong passwords for accounts and change your passwords routinely.
- Check the seller’s reputation and read comments before buying a product to see what the experience was like for past customers.
- Watch out for fake shopping apps.
- Try not to do any online shopping when you're using a public computer or when you're using a public Wi-Fi network.