Oct 10, 2019
“The FRI Technical Committee, Design Practices Committee and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) recently held meetings in Houston, Texas. Sixty-six people, representing 33 companies attended the two days of meetings. Highlights include:
- Changes to the Category 1 and Category 3 testing procedures were approved.
- Results from the Beijing Zehua 2019 Category 1 Tray and Packing tests were presented.
- AMACS SuperBlendTM Random Packing Category 3 test was converted to Category 2 and shared with the Membership.
- Dr. Cai verified that FRI was successful in making the trays vibrate for the DST-23 Harmonic Tray Vibration test. Results and data will be presented at the May 2020 meeting.
- Dr. Wang discussed his progress on the duel weight valve tray pressure drop model.
- Raj Manivanna, OSU PhD student, presented his final presentation on the Effects of Viscosity on Efficiency project. He will graduate in December and has accepted a position at Dow Chemical.
TAC presentations and videos are available here. Minutes from the meeting will be issued at a later date.”